Description du produit
• Urban growing• Open pollinated• 100% GMO free
Thyme De Provence, or ‘Summer Thyme’, is a popular perennial herb that is well known for its culinary, medicinal and ornamental uses. With its tiny, soft, grey-green leaves and small, pinkish flowers, Thyme de Provence is spicier than common thyme and is the preferred option in authentic French cuisine. In fact, it is the leading component in the famous Herbes de Provencedried-herb mix, as well as in the Bouquet garni – a bundle of string-tied herbs used to flavour soups and stews. Use it to make a bouquet garni to flavour stocks and casserole dishes, or pair with roasted chicken for a beautifully fragrant Sunday roast.
How to grow?
- SowingIndoor: Feb-MarOutdoor: Apr-June
- TimingGermination: : 15- 30 daysHarvesting: 40-60 days
- SpacingWhen sowing: 1-2 cm; Depth 0,5 cmWhen thinning: 3-5 cm
- GrowingSunlight: Full SunSoil: Well-drained, light and poor soilWatering: Regular, allow to dry outFeeding: Addition of fertilizer is not necessary
- Caring:Expert tip Thyme requires very little care, apart from occasional watering. Light pruning will help to maintain its compact-yet-bushy-shape. Thyme is a sun-loving plant, and the light draws out the pungent oils that make its flavour so strong.
- SupportingPollinators: Attract bees and butterfliesPest: Repels cabbage pests, whitefly and tomato hornworm
Plant size:Height: 15 cmWidth: 20 cm
Container size:Height: 20 cmWidth: 20 cm
Quantity: 10 seeds
Companion plants:Tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, alpine strawberries.
Détails du produit
- Poids: 0.05 kg
- Marque: Piccolo