Legislation on data protection serves to protect individuals’ private life and personal rights. It covers all companies and organisations that handle, or have access to, personal data from living natural persons.
The term ‘data’ refers to any personal information that can be used to identify you as an individual. Such data will be sent to the Processing Supervisor so that you can register on the website and create your own customer’s account, in order to receive information or make an online order. The Mudam Store processes these data within the authorised limitations and in accordance with the prevailing legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with respect to data of a personal nature.
The legislation is based on the principles of data protection, or the rules of ‘good handling of information’, according to which data must be:
• processed in a way that is lawful, loyal and transparent with respect to the individual in question;
• collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes;
• appropriate, relevant and confined to the requirements of the purposes for which they are being processed;
• correct and, where necessary, updated;
• stored in a manner that permits the identification of the persons concerned for a period no longer than that required for the proposes for which they are being processed;
• processed in a manner that guarantees the adequate security of personal data.
The personal data that we collect are as follows:
- your contact details (title, name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, etc.)
- your personal information (date of birth, gender, etc.);
- your delivery details (name, surname, street, postcode, city, country, notes about deliveries, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.);
- your personal preferences, including your marketing preferences (subscription to our newsletters, language, wish list, etc.) and choices with respect to cookies (technical information: logins, IP address, etc.);
- information about products that you have consulted;
- data for bank payments;
- the history of your orders;
- the history of your e-mail communications with Customer Service.
The creation of a customer’s account on the Mudam Store website requires the creation of a password. This password is encrypted and personal. It is impossible for us to gain access to it. If you should ever forget your password, you can click on ‘Forgotten password’ and follow the procedures to obtain a new one.
Collecting your personal data enables us to offer you a personalised user’s experience, as well as improving our services and maintaining a secure environment. In general terms, your personal data are processed to perform operations related to our commercial relationship (orders, payment, deliveries, invoices, accounting, etc.)
More specifically, they enable:
- the good management of your customer’s account, as regards both your subscription and your connection to our website;
- the management of all your orders;
- the management of the delivery of your orders;
- the management of your relationship with us as a customer, and of your complaints;
- the creation of our customer database for initiatives aimed at customer loyalty, promotion, marketing studies (to improve both your experience as a user and our own services), etc., in accordance with the prevailing legislation;
- a guarantee of your personalised browsing of the Mudam Store website, by making it easier to use and easier for us to adapt our products and services to your interests and requirements.
The personal data that are collected are processed by internal employees of the Mudam Store in order to supply you with the services requested by you for the purposes established. The Mudam Store promises not to resell any personal data or transmit them or make them available to any third parties for any reason unconnected to the primary objectives that connect individuals to the Mudam.
However, the Mudam Store may have occasion to transfer your personal data to certain contractors and partners that help it to provide and improve its services, such as:
- logistical and delivery contractors (transport companies, couriers, etc.);
- technical contractors (companies specialising in IT services);
- payment contractors (banking services).
As part of its responsibility for data processing, the Mudam Store ensures that its contractors and partners comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and that they implement all the technical and organisational measures required to guarantee the confidentiality and security of your data.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, individuals have a right of access to their data and to data portability, as well as to erasure of their data and restrictions on their processing.
To exercise any of these rights, you can send a claim by post to the Mudam Store, at the following address:
3, Park Draï Eechelen
Or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Management of cookies
A ‘cookie’ is a small file, usually comprising figures and letters, that is sent by the Internet server to your web browser’s cookie file on your computer’s hard drive. It makes it possible to collect certain information that will make your next visit easier and more closely adapted to your needs.
We use different types of cookies on the Mudam Store website, all with different purposes. These are as follows:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the smooth operation of the website:
As your session identifiers, these cookies are essential for browsing our website. They will allow you to use the website’s main functionalities and secure your connection.
- Functionality cookies:
These cookies are not essential for browsing our website but they will allow you to optimise its operation and provide you with access to specific functionalities. Furthermore, they will allow you to adapt the presentation of our website to your terminal’s display preferences.
- Analytical cookies:
These cookies allow us to know about the usage and performance of our website by recording statistics and establishing figures for visits to the website and the use of the various elements therein (contents visited, routes followed by users, etc.). As a result, we can increase the interest and ergonomics of our overall services.
- Sharing cookies (social media):
Our website contains sharing links to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest that allow you to share the contents of our website with other people. A third-party cookie is installed when you use these sharing buttons. If you are connected with a social network while browsing our site, the sharing buttons allow you to link the content that you are consulting with your user account. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these various social networks in order to ascertain the ultimate use (particularly as regards advertising) of the browsing information that they can collect via these applicational buttons.
Updated on 14 August 2020